Kapruka Purawara Development ProgramIn view of development of the coconut industry Kapruka Purawara is a joint intervention of entire sector. This program conducts in an identified Divisional Secretariats in an island wide. Correspondent to the number of Divisional Secretariats covers under the Kapruka Purawara programs for the duration of 2011 – 2016 are mention below.
|Year||Number of DS Divisions|
- Enhancement of the productivity of coconut lands in identified Divisional Secretariats.
- Promotion of planting coconut in potential lands in the selected divisions.
- Increase coconut yield by 80 nuts per palm per annum in those DS Divisions.
- Identification and promotion of coconut based novel industries.
- Identification of new possibilities of employment opportunities.
- Dissemination of new research and development knowledge among the growers of the DS divisions.
- In recognized divisions under the program will be develop as a regulation body.
- Expansion of market opportunities for coconut and coconut based products.
- Give opportunities for the volunteer in provisioning for the coconut and coconut based industries.